DeskProto Entry edition: the Lowcost version.
3D CAM at an unbelievable low price.The DeskProto Entry Edition offers all toolpath types that are needed to use your CNC milling machine:
- 3D machining of the geometry in an STL file.
- 2D machining of the drawing in a DXF, EPS or AI file.
- Bitmap machining of the picture in a bitmap file (BMP, JPG, GIF, PNG, TIF).
The DeskProto Entry edition is meant for users having a low budget and need an affordable CAM program, and for users that only need basic CAM functionality. Still quite complex models can be produced, like the Coat-of-Arms model shown below (this 3D geometry is a FREE model that you can download).
Hobbyist users and schools that have a bit higher budget can also look at a hobby license for the DeskProto Multi-Axis edition.
All in DP Entry: 3D toolpaths for the relief, 2D paths for the name, the clock is a bitmap.
Functionality in the DeskProto Entry EditionThe DeskProto Entry Edition is in fact the same program as the other two editions, however without the advanced parameters meant for the more experienced users. So the number of available options has been reduced for the Entry edition, all other functionality is identical for the Entry and Expert editions. In order to compare the three editions you can use the comparison table.
The following functions are available in DeskProto Entry:
- Scale, Mirror and Rotate the geometry
- Set a bottom level (the minimum Z-value to be machined).
- Define and select cutters
- 3D machining with toolpaths parallel to X
- Distance between the toolpaths, and stepsize along the toolpath
- Speeds: feedrate and spindle speed
- Roughing and Finishing operations, the roughing options: skin thickness and layer height
- Simple 2D machining
- Bitmap machining (grey-value to Z-Height conversion)
- Simulate the 3D toolpath
- Estimate the machining time
- Choose a user-interface: wizard or dialog-based
(or create a project with the wizard and then fine-tune using the dialogs)
- Freely add machine-definitions
- Configure your own postprocessor (if needed).
All three DeskProto editions share the same easy-to-use interface. All editions can read each other's project files, so after upgrading to the Expert Edition all projects created with Entry still can be opened. Obviously we do offer users of the Entry edition a special upgrade price when buying a next edition.
Banner advertisement for DP Entry, featuring the free Coat-Of-Arms model from this website.
DeskProto Entry edition application exampleThe Gallery on this website shows many amazing projects, like this fish model.
This model was made by an 11-year-old student at Peace Lutheran College (Australia), using DeskProto Entry (or in fact its predecessor DP Lite). For very young students the Entry edition is better suited than Expert or Multi-Axis, as it offers less options. The students at Peace College have reached amazing results, supported by an enthusiastic teacher.
In order to facilitate such use, for schools DeskProto Entry is also available in a Class-pack: a bundle of 25 licenses at a very low price.
Purchasing a DeskProto LicenseThe distribution of DeskProto (all editions) is completely Internet based: all items needed are available via the website or by email. When purchasing a license (via our webshop or via a reseller) the user receives a registration code by email.
The software can be downloaded from the website. This is a free 30 days trial version: you can use your registration code to remove the 30 days time-protection. Manuals can be downloaded from the website as well (as PDF files). Also see the Tutorial video's.