Thread:
problem with toolpath depth
You’re logged in as:guest
Online users:0
Online guests:30

tubbeed
2010-08-17
18:53 CEST

If I use the parallel toolpath strategy, everything is fine, but when I switch to circular, the tool path will not go down to z -1, it stays at z 0.59.

Any ideas why?

What additional information can I give that will be helpful?

thanks,
brian

Lex
2010-08-18
09:46 CEST
Hi Brian,

This is indeed not how it should be.
I have tried to reproduce this error situation, however without success: in my case also for circular the toolpaths go deep enough.

So it can be that:
- this is a bug that already has been fixed (see the Build history for the Updater).
- I have used different settings. In that case I'd like to reproduce your situation: can you please email me your project (both DPJ file and STL file) ?

Thanks in advance.

Lex.

tubbeed
2010-08-18
15:48 CEST
Ran the updater, and nothing has changed.
The files have been emailed

thanks so much, Lex,

brian

Lex
2010-08-19
11:43 CEST
Hi Brian,

Thanks for the files.
We have been able to reproduce the problem. It is a very weird one: it depends on the custom Segment values. When I make the segment larger the problem will disappear.

This bug has to be dealt with by the programmer who made all circular strategies. Unfortunately he will leave tomorrow for a vacation of two weeks, so we will not have a fix for this problem very soon.
I hope you can work with parallel toolpaths or with a larger segment until then.

Lex.

tubbeed
2010-08-19
15:19 CEST
Thank you, Lex, for your attention to this matter. You do a wonderful job of supporting your product.

Excellent communication.

Yes, I can work with parallel option, or larger segment (if I can figure out what to make larger and how much larger.)

Thanks again.

I will look for the bug fix after a couple of weeks.

brian

tubbeed
2010-09-13
18:46 CEST
Lex,

Any word on a resolution to this problem??

Lex
2010-09-14
14:49 CEST
Hi Brian,

The programmer has indeed started working on this after his vacation, and he tells me that he found the bug and have the fix ready soon.
However, as we have just released a new bugfix build, it will be (at least) a few weeks before we release the next one. I will see if we can send you an in-between build by email (will be next week).

Lex.

Lex
2010-11-25
15:55 CET
Hi Brian,

It has taken some time, still today we have released a new bugfix version (service release) for DeskProto. See the link to the Build history in the menu left, where you can also find the "updater".

This new version includes a fix for this issue:
so I hope that indeed the problem has gone for you as it did for us.

Lex.